- How did NYC end up with an overall grade of D+ for MBE & WBE engagement?
- Foundation of NYC’s MBE & WBEs Program
- What is the real value of MBEs and WBEs certifications?
- How PASSPort can help to grow your business now.
- MBE & WBE Non-competitive Contracting Opportunities?!
- DDC wants to help you grow your business!
- Increase your chances of winning contracts with MTA SBMP!
- Grow your business with SCA Mentor Programs!
- Increase contracting opportunities with HPD!
- Get the most from HPD Build-Out Program!
- Find out how to bid on ConstructNYC projects!
- Don’t get left out of City projects!
- Why to know your business’ NAICS Codes?
- How City’s Zoning can help your business.
- What is a State Certificate?
Want to work on transformative NYC projects?
Economic Development Corporation’s (EDC) ConstructNYC program connects small-to-mid-sized MBEs & WBEs as well as businesses designated as Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) with exclusive opportunities to work on projects with contracts of up to $3MM.
How do you get prequalified to work on these projects?
NYCEDC offers flexible bonding and insurance requirements to ensure opportunities are accessible to Smaller Contractors. NYCEDC prequalifies firms in a variety of trades including:
- Brick Work/Façade Work
- Foundations & Excavations
- General Construction
- Hazardous Materials Abatement
- Roofing & Waterproofing
- Site Improvements
- Underground Utilities
Contractors that meet NYCEDC eligibility criteria below are strongly encouraged to apply for ConstructNYC. Prequalified Contractors will be eligible to bid on packages up to $1MM.
- Last three years’ average revenue below $3MM.
- Sound financial standing demonstrating ability to perform work assigned via this program (this means your books are in order).
- In business for at least two years or a demonstrated ability to perform the work assigned.
- Have one of the following:
- MBE or WBE certified with the City or ESDC
- DBE certification with the U.S. Department of Transportation, or veteran-owned VSDOB.
P.S: Check out here how to obtain your MBE and/or WBE certification with NYC DSBS!
Find out below how you can build capacity with NYCEDC!
ConstructNYC’s training builds awareness of critical areas that directly impact job performance. Business owners will have access to the following topics, which are tailored towards working specifically on NYCEDC projects:
- Orientation to NYCEDC Contracts
- Technical Administration and Proposal Items
- Legal Contract Administration
- Accounting & Financial Infrastructure
- Safety Plans & Policy
- Risk Mitigation Strategies
Are you eligible?
Follow these steps in your application process:
- Fill out their short Eligibility Application
- Once eligibility is verified, you will receive the PQL application to determine the specific trade(s) you will be prequalified for and any training that is recommended or required.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, it will only take a couple of minutes of your time!
How is this helpful for you?
By being in ConstructNYC PQL you’ll not only get exclusive access to opportunities on NYCEDC designated projects, but other Developers and GCs can find you through agencies’ directories, like HPD’s Build Up Program.
Schedule a meeting with us to discuss how we can prepare you for these projects and create more opportunities to land them.